Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Remove and install side door window regulators on 2004 F150 4X4 Crew

Customer Question
How to remove and install...
How to remove and install side door window regulators on 2004 F150 4X4 Crew
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Ford
9/20/2008
Ford Mechanic: AutoDoc, ASE and Ford Master replied 9 years ago
AutoDoc
AutoDoc, ASE and Ford Master
HelloCustomer Which window regulator are you trying to replace? The front or the rear?
Left front and right rear.
Left Front (Drivers side) and Right Rear (Passenger side)

graphic

ItemPart NumberDescription
3 1501848 Front door speaker trim panel
Removal Note
4 56916 Speaker screws
5 18808 Speaker
6 180103 Electrical connector

graphic

Rear Door Trim Panel — SuperCrew Printable View (177 KB)
NOTE: LH side shown, RH side is similar.

Remove the parts in the order indicated in the following table.
graphic
To remove individual parts, only carry out the listed steps: Part Steps
Rear window garnish moulding 1
Rear door trim panel 1-8

ItemPart NumberDescription
1 25514 (RH) / 25515 (LH) Rear window garnish moulding
2 14B134 (RH) / 14B135 (LH) Window control switch panel
3 14A005 Electrical connector
4 224A60 Cover plate
5 N602704-S301 Screws (2 req'd)
6 264B52 (RH) / 264B53 (LH) Inside rear door handle
Removal Note
7 W505422-S301 Bolt
8 W701930-S424 Bolts (3 req'd)
9 27406 (RH) / 27407 (LH) Rear door trim panel
Removal Note

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
  2. Item 9: Rear Door Trim Panel Removal Note

CAUTION: Do not pull directly outward on the rear door trim panel, as damage may occur.

1. Lift upward and remove the rear door trim panel.

Remove the parts in the order indicated in the following illustration and table.

To remove individual parts, only carry out the listed steps:
PartSteps
Window glass1-4
Window regulator2, 3, 5-7
Window glass top run1-4, 8
Exterior moulding9
Interior moulding1

graphic

ItemPart NumberDescription
1 1521434/(NNN) NNN-NNNNInterior moulding (RH/LH)
2 15237A04/ 15237A05 Front door watershield (RH/LH)
Removal Note
Installation Note
3 - Front door window glass-to-regulator assembly bolts (2 req'd)
Removal Note
4 1521410/(NNN) NNN-NNNNFront door window glass (RH/LH)
Removal Note
5 14361 Front door motor electrical connector
6 W505421-S301 Window regulator bolts (5 req'd)
7 1523200/(NNN) NNN-NNNNRegulator assembly (RH/LH)
8 1521596/(NNN) NNN-NNNNGlass top run (RH/LH)
Removal Note
9 1521452/(NNN) NNN-NNNNExterior moulding (RH/LH)
Removal Note

Item 2: Front Door Watershield Removal Note

1. Do not tear or damage the watershield during disassembly.

Item 3: Front Door Window Glass-to-Regulator Bolts Removal Note

1. If removing only the front door regulator assembly and motor, secure the front door glass in the full up position with tape.

graphic

PartSteps
Rear door window glass1-4
Rear door window glass regulator1-7
Rear door window glass top run1, 8

graphic

ItemPart NumberDescription
1 1625766/(NNN) NNN-NNNNInterior moulding (RH/LH)
2 1627458/(NNN) NNN-NNNNWatershield (RH/LH)
Removal Note
Installation Note
3 - Rear door window glass-to-regulator bolt (2 req'd)
Removal Note
4 1625712/(NNN) NNN-NNNNRear door window glass (RH/LH)
Removal Note
5 180103-14632 Window motor electrical connector
7 1627000/(NNN) NNN-NNNNWindow regulator assembly (RH/LH)
8 1625766/(NNN) NNN-NNNNRear door window glass top run (RH/LH)
Removal Note
9 1625596/(NNN) NNN-NNNNExterior moulding (right side) (RH/LH)

Item 2: Watershield Removal Note

Item 3: Rear Door Window Glass-to-Regulator Bolts Removal Note

NOTE: Some vehicles may use rivets to attach the glass to the regulator.

1. If removing only the rear door glass regulator assembly and motor, secure the rear door glass in the full up position with tape.

I was hoping for a little more than just "cut and paste" out of a manual. The steps listed in the manual do not utilize "tricks of the trade" or useful hints associated with experienced mechanics.

I was able to go to www.fordf150.net and get a step by step discription with colored pictures as well as reference to the same manual info to accomplish what I was looking for.

There were a couple of steps not mentioned in your "canned" description that was mentioned in the fordf150.net version that saved me some time and possible damage to trim on door. This was all at no charge.

I have replace both regulators and they work fine and now am just waiting for the other two to go, but when they do I am confident I will be able to replace them with little trouble because of the info I received from fordf150.net

I'm glad you were able to find that info. That was probably posted by someone that was actually doing the repair at the time and was taking pictures while doing it. We on this website cannot just go out and take someones car apart and take pictures everytime we need to answer a question. We have to use whatever resources are available to us. Which would be the service manual. And believe me, it's much more difficult than just a cut and paste. There really aren't any tricks of the trade so to speak on these trucks except for maybe the little plastic nuts that the speakers bolt to on the front door panel. Everything else is pretty straight forward. Like I said, I'm glad you were able to resolve your concern without spending any money, but think of it from our perspective also in as we have many different types of questions and answers and not all of them would be posted in a web site with color pictures and detailed instructions. Have a great day.

Adran......

AutoDoc
AutoDoc
AutoDoc, ASE and Ford Master