Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

2006 ford escape XLT: wrench..the front calipers..disc brakes

Customer Question

What size allen wrench removes the front calipers on a 2006 ford escape XLT with 4 wheel disc brakes?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 9 years ago.
You will need an 8mm allen wrench to remove the calipers.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.

I am going to have to disagree seeing as how a 10mm is too small and a 12 mm is too big I have been trying to figure this out for 3 weeks now. it is driving me crazy

Expert:  Ray M. replied 9 years ago.
We have one in the shop right now and I checked it,I aploogize it is not 8mm,8mm is too small but 10mm is too big,it must be 9mm or 11/32.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.

again I have tried a 10mm and it is tooooooo small and a 12mm is too big. 7/16 is too small and 1/2 is too big.

Expert:  Ray M. replied 9 years ago.

this bolt has a recessed head the actual hex part is near the thread end,the one I looked at in the shop an 8mm is too small and 10mm is to big,as I stated it has to be a 9mm

allen wrench.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
your saying this has to be but, you are not 100% for sure. If this is to be true do they even make a 9mm allen wrench?
Expert:  Ray M. replied 9 years ago.
Yes they do make a 9mm allen wrench,I just had my parts guy get me one and it fits the caliper bolt.We got one from NAPA.