Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

where is the fuel pump relay located on a 93 ford mustang lx.

Customer Question
2.3 4 cyndled motor....
where is the fuel pump relay located on a 93 ford mustang lx. 2.3 4 cyndled motor.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Ford
8/31/2008
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

The Fuel Pump Relay is integrated into the Integrated Relay Control Module (IRCM) ; which is located at the Front Right Hand Side of the Engine Compartment, on the Shock Tower.

graphic

the relay is square and looks nothing like what you just showed me. this car is driving me nuts.i need some help with this. i have asked every body i know. the auto parts store told me it was under the drivers seat. i can not find it anywhere. i need my car running for work.
If your car is a 1993 it is in the IRMC are you sure of the year?
yes i do need more help. i need to know where the relay is located. it is square.

The relay you have is for the older version Your fuel pump relay on the 1993 is incorporated inside the IRMC along with the cooling fan relay and PCM (relay as well as the WOT (wide open throttle relay)

graphic

ok you have showed me the ircm module that powers the fuel pump relay. now where is the fuel pump relay at?
It is inside the IRMC. The IRMC consist of 4 separate relays and is serviced as a unit. There is no other relay. If you have the small square one it is the wrong one. The stopped using the single fuel pump relay in 1989
how about a master swithch that is soposed to be located in the hatch on the drivers side of the car.
The would be the fuel pump Inertia switch ( fuel cut off switch) which is located on the back panel of the trunk.graphic
a buddy of mine just came by, there is a relay under the drivers seat under the carpet you have to pull the seat to get to it. so i can not accept your answers on the relay. note it is square and under the drivers seat. as far as the master switch yes it is there. i guess that is a ford thing with there better ideas.
Well thank you
Ron, ASE Certified Technician