Wrenchtech
Wrenchtech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  40 years experience with ASE certification as Master Technician with L1--Repair Shop Owner
7136321

On my Ford Explorer 2004 SUV my ABS light comes

Customer Question

On my Ford Explorer 2004 SUV my ABS light comes on every so often while I am driving. When I turn off my vehicle and turn it back on the light disappears. Is my Anti Lock breaks working or what is going on with my vehicle?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wrenchtech replied 9 years ago.

That light being on indicates that the ABS computer has recognized a problem in the circuit. it then stores a trouble code to help identify the problem and disables the system as long as the light is on.

The problem can be from most any part of the system so the first thing you need to do is get these stored codes as they will lead you in the right direction to resolve the issue.

This requires the use of a professional scan tool with updated ABS software. Once you have the code number, i could be more help in resolving the issue.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Wrenchtech
I guess basically I need to take my Vehicle to a Ford Dealer to find out the code. I know my meter that indicates the strength of the battery is down but I have a new battery and a new alternater installed not to long ago.