How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kenny Z. Your Own Question
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 5524
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Kenny Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2004 Ford Taurus: fuel injector..3.0L..the intake

Customer Question

How do you replace a fuel injector on 2004 Ford Taurus SES 3.0L 24V DOHC? I need to know what tools I will need and step by step instructions on how to remove the intake manifold properly as well as how to get to and replace the injector. I am not that great with cars but I can follow directions. I cannot afford a mechanic.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 years ago.

Here are the steps for upper and lower manifolds,fuel rail and injectors.Basic metric socket set and wrenches.Any special tools should be called out in the instructions.

Good luck!




Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to KenZ's Post: Looks like what I was looking for. One more thing.....the instructions refer to section 310-00 for fuel system information. Can you also provide this section for me?
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 years ago.

Here you go. Have a great weekend!


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to KenZ's Post: Ok that helped too. There is one more step I think I need help with....The lower intake manifold removal step#2...I'm not sure where the fuel supply manifold is and again it refers me to section 310-00 but I don't see anything about this in the instructions you sent. Do you have anything that will help me out?
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 years ago.

The supply manifold is the piece that the injectors are connected to on the supply side.


Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 years ago.

Just seeing if you got the injector changed out and if the info I gave you worked out.