How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Randall (Cheeko) Your Own Question
Randall    (Cheeko)
Randall (Cheeko), Certified Mechanic Ford Motor Co.
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 2395
Experience:  18 years as a Ford tech and still going
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Randall (Cheeko) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you replace the speed sensor in a 1998 Ford Escort ...

Resolved Question:

How do you replace the speed sensor in a 1998 Ford Escort Automatic Transmission
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall (Cheeko) replied 9 years ago.

Hi, below is the information, thanks


Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)

The vehicle speed sensor (VSS) (9E731) (VSS) is located above the differential (4026) on the transmission case. The VSS rotates a cable and the instrument cluster generates a DC signal and sends the signal to the PCM.





Randall (Cheeko) and 2 other Ford Specialists are ready to help you