Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

1999 Ford Ranger, 2.5L. Error Code P1401 - EVP voltage ...

Customer Question
1999 Ford Ranger, 2.5L. Error...
1999 Ford Ranger, 2.5L. Error Code: P1401 - EVP voltage sensor fault. What is the cause and where is the part located?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Ford
4/24/2008
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

The code P1401 is not set due to a bad EVAP sensor but by a bad DPFE (delta pressure feedback) sensor. This sensor is located on the passenger side of the engine compartment. See diagram. Replacing it will likely correct your concern.

graphic
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Reply to Ron's Post: your diagram is very difficult to decifer. i will just go buy a DPFE SENSOR and try to match it to the part on the engine. the diagram you sent is the same as the one in my chilton manual an i can't read it either.
Hold on and Ill send you a picture of the DPFE
Here is a clear picture and make sure you buy the upgraded plactic one, as yours may be the old metal one.graphic
Ron, ASE Certified Technician