ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Fords. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

Mean when the engine emission light comes on and stay on?

what does it mean when the engine emission light comes on and stay on? my car runs like it has bad gas in it like jerking but once it get going it will ride smooth
Could mean a number of things...Is the light flashing at you?

What year, model, and engine size is your Ford?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to ase_master327's Post: no the light just came on while i was driving and it stayed on and when i restarted my car and put in gear the light stayed on

Take it to AutoZone for the free diagnostic scan. Then write down the code they give you. It will look like 'P0123'. Then come back and post it here, and we can tell you what to look for.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to ase_master327's Post: 2003 ford focus it is the emission light
I see that now...We are having problems with questions being posted for us to answer, before they are finished being asked..

We got cought up, anyways, the answer is there now, just bring it to AutoZone, and have them scan it. Then come back and post the code for us.