Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

1991 Ford: cruise control..there a fuse..under dash

1991 Ford e350 cruise control...
1991 Ford e350 cruise control not working. Is there a fuse in the engine campartment as well as under dash?
3/30/2008
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

There are acutally 4 fuses that can keep the cruise from working. Enclosed is the scamatic for each fuse and the cruis control system. Check all 4 fuses.graphicgraphic

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Thanks I will check the fuses to see if they are the problem. If not I will check in again. The schematics are worth the $9.
Thank you as well
Reply to Ron's Post: Checked fuses and all are OK. Other symptoms are no lit cruise light on dash when I press cruise "ON". Also the OverDrive "OFF" does not work. I bought E350 used and the cruise has never worked so I do not know where the Cruise "ON" indicator is. Horn works - brake lights work. I did find a 3 amp fuse under the dash that was blown near the battery. Replaced it but it didn't change symptoms. I should have checked that fuse again after road test but did not have time.
There is no dash light for the cruise, and if the trans is shifting into overdrive try replacing the button switch. The common problem on this van is the brake pressure switch, run the enclosed test.graphic
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX have to wait until Tuesday to check this out. Is there a problem with losing brake fluid to the point of losing brakes if switch is leaking. But the brake lights work OK. If the switch were bad the brake lights wouldn't work. Correct?
No but the switch is most likely going to show signs of brake fluid in the connector.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Ron, ASE Certified Technician