Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

the dome light in my 1999 ford taurus will not turn off ...

Customer Question

the dome light in my 1999 ford taurus will not turn off when the car door is shut closed
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 years ago.

Hello don,

The common reason for the dome light to stay on is normally due to a sticking door agar switch. The door ajar switch is located on each latch in side the door on all latches. In some case you can spray a good penetrating oil in the latch and work the doors open and closed a few time and get them to free up. If this dosnt work then you need to get the BCM (body control modual ) scanned for the code, this will tell you which switch is sticking without having to replace all of them. Before trying any of this make sure the dash dimming switch isnt turned on.