Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2000 Ford F150 ABS light stays on What causes this?

Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 years ago.

When you start the truck is it on then? Does it not come on till you drive? Does it first come on when you brake?

Have you used a scan tool to pull the trouble code?

Does the speedometer work correct?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: the abs light comes on goes out like all other lights but comes back on and stays on starting the truck. speedodometer works ok I don,t have code detector. I installed new brake pads front and back front rotors blew out abs lines in front and checked rear lines all seem ok.

Hello I'm Chris a Ford Employee and Certified Engine/Transmission Specialist.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct, I am here to help you out for a small fee far less than a dealership and easier on the wallet, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT and help me out financially by paying the small fee (which you selected). Please reply if further discussion is needed.

Seems the light comes immediatly at a start up I am not leaning towards a sensor issue since the light most always willl illuminate once rolling for a sensor issue. I really need to know the fault codes to point you in the correct direction for repair and diag. Most likley the issue is going to be in the ABS HCU or ECU but I cant be certain w/o haveing a code to start with.