Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2001 f350: I purchased a ipr sensor

I purchased a ipr sensor for my 2001 f350 diesel, but cannot find location on engine to change. Can you help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 years ago.

Hello frame6521,

The IPR on your 2001 is located just to the right of the alternator. Im sending a diagram.

graphic
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: although the diagram was helpful i stiil cany find it. is their anyway you can send a blowup & facing engine to the right i don't see it either. sorry
Expert:  Ron replied 9 years ago.
I don't think one is available, all the books show only the diagram. It is mounted right next to the alternator. Can you take your new one and compare it to the old one?
Expert:  Ron replied 9 years ago.
Let me check one other source.
Expert:  Ron replied 9 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Ron replied 9 years ago.
It seems they may be off in the location, Im sending instruction.graphicgraphicgraphic
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: that is what i was tring to do but it only matches up to one i can find and the threads are different. ford said i have the correct part that i was pulling a different sensor
Expert:  Ron replied 9 years ago.
Well I sent full book instruction I hope this helps.