Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I need the stereo wiring diagram for f150 2002. What are ...

I need the stereo wiring...
I need the stereo wiring diagram for f150 2002. What are the two plugs that plug in to the stock stereo?
12/28/2007
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

which stereo system do you have- am/fm w/cassette, am/fm w/cd, or am/fm only? And how many speakers- 2 or 4?

am/fm cassette 4 speakers

Here is the wiring diagram. It is in 2 parts so that you can read it better:

graphic

graphic

This is a Paysite

Reply to Eric's Post: This helps, thanks. What about the two plugs that go into the stereo? I know the one on the left is for the power and the speakers, the right won I have know clue.

The other goes to an optional cd changer, as well as vehicle speed signal that goes into a power junction box behind the dash

This is a Paysite

Reply to Eric's Post: one more question, does this have to be plugged in for the vehicle speed signal to work?

Yes, it has to be plugged in.

Reply to Eric's Post: How do I plug it in if my new stereo only has one plug?

The speed signal wire should be gray/blk. You will need to splice it into the Blk/Pink wire on other connector. This wire should be hot(12v) with the key in the run position. Test to make sure it is. Also test to make sure the gray/blk wire is also hot(12v) with key in run position. Sometimes the color coding given in the service manuals can be different from actual vehicle due to production date or other issue. As long as both are hot with key in run position you can splice the gray/blk into the blk/pink wire.

Wires referenced above are highlighted for you.

graphic

If for some reason the wire colors dont match, you will probably need a professional stereo installer to wire it so that they can trace down which wire is for the speed control signal and make sure it is wired in correctly.

This is a Paysite

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager