Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

No Comment Added

No Comment Added
12/2/2007
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Are you Looking For Intake Air temp Sensor?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
yes Iam
here is a diagram to show you where to lookgraphic
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
I can not read the diagram. Can you send an image that is cleaner or a discription of were to look?
The IAT is part of the MAF sensor
The Mass air flow sensor is the device just after the air filter box in the hose to the throttle body
Is it close to the air intake, and how many wires dose it have?
It mounts to the air cleaner box and it has four wires. Four bolts holding it to the air cleaner box as well. It called a MAF or Mas air flow sensor
It is 8 degrees outside right now can I answer tomorrow?

lol sure

I am not sure what that means, I will check in the morning.
ok stay warm
IAT is mounted in the air filter box firewall side. It has 2 wire connector
I have a 1995 f150 with a 5.8 in it and the sensor was were you said. My question is for a 1994 5.8. The differance between them is the 94 has a air cleaner box with 2 hoses coming out of it, and the 95 has only 1 hose with a sensor on the top.
the sensor on top is the one. Its the same sensor on both years just a little different hose setup.
The 94 has no sensor on the hose, nor the air cleaner box.
The IAT sensor on the 94 is located in the intak manifold near the #6 runner. It screws in the intake manifold itself.
Thanks......I will try and find it. I am not sure what a #6 runner is?
number 6 is cylinder # XXXXX and that would be the second spark plug back on the drivers side. The IAT is in the Intake runner that goes to cyl # XXXXX
Ron, ASE Certified Technician