How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dean Your Own Question
Dean, Auto Service Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 15
Experience:  Ford certified in engine repair, driveability, NVH, electrical, A/C, and brakes. 9 yrs experience
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Dean is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What type of transmission fluid goes into a 2004 ford ...

Customer Question

What type of transmission fluid goes into a 2004 ford f350 super duty automatic transmission
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dean replied 9 years ago.
The 4R100 uses Mercon fluid and the Torqushift uses Mercon SP. The two are NOT interchangeable so you need to find out which transmission you have. It should also say on the dipstick what fluid it takes.