Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2002 Escape xlt: 3.0l V6..my intake manifold..problem myself

Customer Question

My EGR valve has failed (exploded a hole in it) on a 2002 Escape XLT 3.0l V6. I replaced the EGR valve and it exploded again. Is this my intake manifold being dirty or something else? Can I fix this problem myself? luckily the EGR valve isn't that complicated to put on but I feel it has to be something else.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tammy replied 10 years ago.

I just noticed that you have not received an answer yet. You can sometimes speed the process by pre-paying the deposit. If you would like to do that now, you can use this link:

http://www.justanswer.com/pay_deposit.aspx

You do have the option of continuing to wait.

If there's anything I can do to help you, don't hesitate to let me know.

If you no longer need an answer, please [email protected] so that we can close your question for you.

Tammy F
Expert Community Leader