Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2000 f350: manuel..that shows a schematic on how the slave clutch

Customer Question
I would like to repalce...
I would like to repalce the slave clutch on a ford 2000 f350, but I have not found a repair manuel that shows a schematic on how the slave clutch goes attached. please let me know if there is a web site or book that shows in writen and picture form on how to replace the slave clutch. Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Ford
12/15/2006
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
I recommend you go to a dealer and buy the complete assmbly and also buy a new push rod for the master cylinder. The slave cylinder is externally mounted. The complete assembly is what the best option is you will get the slave and master and hoses all connected and ready to install preblead. The slave cylinder is just twisted to remove. PLease reply if you still need help or need pictures
Ford Mechanic: ttiger79, Auto mechanic replied 11 years ago
ttiger79
ttiger79, Auto mechanic
Hi!
What's the motor you have installed in your truck and is itXXXXX You just want to change the slave cylinder?
please send pictures that show how to remove and replace slave clutch
Sorry Chris!! This one's all yours!
ttiger79
ttiger79, Auto mechanic
please send pictures that show how to remove and replace slave clutch 2
I didn't want to interrupt another expert, but you accepted on my post... Sorry Chris!!!
Here you go:
Removal

1. Raise and support the vehicle.
graphic

2. Unlock and remove the slave cylinder from the transmission.

o Compress and twist the slave cylinder to unlock it from the transmission.

3. Clean the slave cylinder and the hydraulic tube to prevent contaminants from entering the hydraulic system.
4. CAUTION: Place a suitable container under the slave cylinder.

graphic

Disconnect the slave cylinder from the hydraulic tube.

1. Using a 3/32-inch punch and a hammer, drive out the roll pin, and discard it.
2. Disconnect the slave cylinder from the hydraulic tube.

5. Note: Sometimes the O-ring seal will remain inside the slave cylinder. Remove the O-ring seal from the end of the hydraulic tube, and discard it. Cap the open end of the hydraulic tube.

Installation

1. CAUTION: Hold the slave cylinder over a suitable container.

graphic

Angle the slave cylinder so that the hydraulic tube connection port is above the push rod. Fill the slave cylinder with DOT 3 brake fluid.

* Use Ford High Performance DOT 3 Motor Vehicle Brake Fluid C6AZ-19542-AB or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESA-M6C25-A.

2. Remove the cap from the opening in the hydraulic tube. Position the new O-ring seal on the end of the hydraulic tube. Coat the O-ring seal with DOT 3 brake Fluid.

o Use Ford High Performance DOT 3 Motor Vehicle Brake Fluid C6AZ-19542-AB or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESA-M6C25-A.

graphic

3. Connect and secure the slave cylinder to the hydraulic tube.

1. Connect the hydraulic tube to the slave cylinder.
2. Install the new roll pin.

4. Bleed the clutch hydraulic system.
graphic

5. Install the slave cylinder.

o Compress and twist the slave cylinder to lock it onto the transmission.,

6. Lower the vehicle.
7. Test the system for normal operation.

ttiger79
ttiger79
ttiger79, Auto mechanic