Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2005 Lincoln LS that takes off fine but after being…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Lincoln LS that takes off fine but after being driven for several hours it shimmies and seems to loose power when a I accelerate or go up an incline. The car has 300,000 miles and the engine light will not stay off. If I apply my foot to the accelerator gently when its doing this it will pick up speed ,

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

Yes the codes show problems some times its one other times its several

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Want to know what could possibly b the problem and how to fix or if a car with many miles has had its day

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Lincoln
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/29/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 21 days ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need. The Web Site will prompt a phone call , I'll let you know if it's needed.

Have you scanned the computer system to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be set when the check engine light comes on?

Okay, so what are the fault code and or codes that you're getting?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
They vary from time to time.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
All of the codes show faulty sometimes

Okay, the best indication to know what is failing would be to know the codes. Can, you give me the current fault codes?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
What is the life of this car with 300,000 miles on it
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Sir I am waiting to hear from you

With 300,000 miles on the car, you are getting close to the end of life but the problem you are having now may very likely be fixable. If you can get me the actual codes its setting that would be very helpful in determining what is failing.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I will try to get codes today and get back with you

Please do, that would be very helpful in helping you get this issue resolved.