Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Sunroof came off the tracks. 2006 towncar l. Just to get the…

Customer Question
Sunroof came off the...

Sunroof came off the tracks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2006 towncar l

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just to get the sunroof back on the tracks and close so it wont leak. i never use it. my kids did

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

Hoses?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ty

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Lincoln
my guages come on and off alot also.... any ideas?
Answered in 1 day by:
5/29/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Walter, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Walt~Moderator
finally
Lincoln Mechanic: Jay, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Jay
Jay, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Most commonly it's not off track, it's either a issue with in the track assembly or a sunroof motor.

How far back is the glass?

it is out of the vehicle. i have decided to replace it with lexan. i still have a problem with the gauges going on and off...

The Sunroof glass is removed? What gauge are you talking about?

The speedometer tachometer fuel and temp. That cluster. Goes on and off. Lights and guages... Everything else works fine. Auto power locks and ac don't work when the cluster goes out...

We are limited to one topic per question. This question was regarding your sunroof issue. So lets stick with that.