Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2008 lincoln mkx that has the flashing anti theft…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 lincoln mkx that has the flashing anti theft and will not start-up just installed a new 170.00 battery and still nothing. Soounn Dr like anti theft lock out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

New battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried disconnecting the ground and reconnecting.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I tried turning on 8 times and on 8th time hold any button until light goes off

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Lincoln
5/2/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Jay, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Jay
Jay, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Does the Engine turn over and not start? Do you know if you have any codes?

No it does not turn over. All lights and radio come on. It is the anti theft - no start . The light for security continues to flash.

Try this and let me know what happens.

I do know these trucks have some shifter issues so it may not see it's in Park, which is why it's not starting.

Try putting the Vehicle into drive and turn the key to the crank Position and slowly move the shifter into Neutral and see if the engine starts to turn over and respond.

Let me know how you make out

I hope you are joking.
Please diagnose or I am requesting a refund. I have told you what it is...how do we reset the anti theft on a lincoln 2008 mkx?

People always jump to think it's the Anti Theft. If it was the alarm would be going off. I asked you to simply try something. If that is to much. Then I don't think I can help you.

So it sounds like you are not willing to work with me on this. I am going to opt out. Good luck !

You bet- what a fraudulent service.
You guys should be ashamed.

We offer assistance to help isolate issues. If you are not willing to work with us, that is what makes the service more or less fail. You are looking for a quick answer. Since we are not there. We ask questions and ask customer to do some checks to help isolate the issue.

So it's not that I should be ashamed. It's a shame when customers don't work with us to help them. It has to be a two lane road for the service to work.

I am going to opt out and open this question back up. I hope another expert can assist you to help resolve your issue.

Please do not reply until another expert replies to you. If you reply it takes the question out of Que.

Good luck!

Lincoln Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 2 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

first of all, if it is not even cranking, it is NOT anti-theft. anti-theft still allows it to crank but it won't let the coils or fuel injectors fire. so i suggest you do as the previuos tech recommended.