Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Lincoln ls with a v8 engine. I can crank the…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 Lincoln ls with a v8 engine. I can crank the car and let it idle. But as soon as I put it into gear reverse or drive it cuts off. The first time it happened I had to put it into gear fast and press the gas pedal quickly for it to go. It was luck that I didn't have to stop on the way home but time I stopped it cut off. What could be the problem. Thank You. Robert.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

I don't know about being a gas hog because I have other cars that I drive on a daily basics. Starts same as usual.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only thing that I have done is put sea foam in it. But some time the o2 sensor trips engine light on and I reset the code.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lincoln
4/3/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Hello, I am Chris.

I am sorry I/we did not get you much much sooner. We were very busy today and could not keep up. I can not speak for the other techs here but I have helped over 90 customers in the past 24hours. I believe I can help you, but I am not sure you still need help after this long wait. If help is still needed, let me know.

I'm still waiting for an answer.

Robert can you get both rear wheels off the ground, shift to neutral. While running shift to R or D with minimal to no brae applied to see if it still stalls?

So far your symptoms are pointing to a converter clutch stuck applied or the TCC solenoid or valves related in the valve body are to blame.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris