Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When I turn the key on the air bag compressor does not turn…

Customer Question
When I turn the...

When I turn the key on the air bag compressor does not turn and the car doesn,t raise. also where is the the relay located for the compressor some said I can test the compressor thru the relay how do I do that my car is a 1985 mark7

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Steering turns key is good plenty of power what does that have to do with the compressor working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

1985 mark 7 lsc

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes just got the vehicle checked power fuses switch in trunck 1 yellow wire in trucnk unplugged cant find where it goes its in the same harness as wires that plug to switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Guess not

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 day by:
4/2/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington

y​es I can help you but it will require a phone call due to the complexity and time involved also there is another solution in regards ***** ***** air suspension that I could help you with as an alternative..do you have vehicle id number please

I'm at work, I'll respond later with vin
Lincoln Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

k no problem

solved the compressor problem . I'm having trouble with the fuel pump is it ok to call you about that