Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Anti theft system has been armed. 2007 mkz. We had a mobile…

Customer Question
Anti theft system has...

Anti theft system has been armed

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2007 mkz

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?

We had a mobile mechanic run a diagnostic which provided that result we've tried several on line suggestions

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Key on /off 8 times in a short period

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

Unlock door with key when alarm system is on disconnected battery terminals, etc the car was taken to goodyear to have a tire replaced - driven home - put in garage and next day the light was flashing and the car wouldn't start

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Lincoln
4/1/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 20 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Has anyone scanned it to see which PATS system codes are stored?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Hi Chris. Waiting on the mechanic that ran the diagnostics to send the codes. He said it would be today. Thanks.
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 19 days ago

Okay

Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 16 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Hi Chris, sorry for the delay - I had trouble getting the info from the mobile mechanic. The diagnostic code he provided is P160. Hope that helps.
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Typo - P1260.

Perform a Parameter Reset on the PATS, using the IDS scan tool. Enter Security Access, then wait through the 10 minute delay. Once Security Access is obtained, select Parameter Reset. After performing Parameter Reset, do NOT perform any other selections, just turn the key off, and disconnect the IDS. After this, the vehicle should start, if there are no other issues.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I was looking to see if there was a diy solution. I do not have an IDS scan tool. Sounds like I'll have to have it towed to a mechanic - thanks anyways.

Sorry, there is not a DIY option for this issue that you have unless you own or have access to a high-grade scan tool.

Sorry, you were not pleased with my answer.

Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician