Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Heated seats do not heat up. Not that I notice:.. 2017 MKC.

Customer Question
Heated seats do not...

Heated seats do not heat up

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Not that I notice:..

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2017 MKC

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKC yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/30/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If both front heated seats stopped at the same time this can be due to a fault with the FCIM ( front control interface control module ) as this control module operates both drivers and passengers heated seats.It can fail suddenly like this here causing this fault.You will need to have the fault codes read out/checked in this control module using a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set to help verify that it is the cause here.

Now if your vehicle is still under factory warranty I do not recommend to try and repair or tamper with this yourself as this can void some of the vehicle warranty.This should be diagnosed and repaired by a dealer under warranty at no cost to you.

What you can do though is in the rear junction box fuse panel locate fuse 9 which is a 20 amp fuse and make sure it is good.If it is blown replace it and see if the seats then work.If it is not blown or shorts out again when installed then I suspect the FCIM is faulty needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete