Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 Lincoln Navigator was dying at stop, replaced fuel pump…

Customer Question
2004 Lincoln Navigator was...

2004 Lincoln Navigator was dying at stop, replaced fuel pump but now for 5 months on occasion at deceleration dies but will restart in about 2 minutes run fine for 2 or 3 weeks and dies again set for 2 or 3 minutes and will start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

As I said in first message replaced fuel pump and module about 5 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

No had mechanic shop do fuel pump replace and took to Ford dealer when dying problem started, they drove etc for 2 weeks could no find problem

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/30/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Mike V., Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Does the check engine light come on?
Also, other then the fuel pump work has anything been done?

new fuel filter

No check engine light I assume?

I don't do my mechanical work, Ford/ Lincoln dealer does that so will do me no good to talk with you. I was just looking for some direction when talk to dealer again. Also there was an icon that came on few weeks ago gas pump with line through it if that means anything

If the truck is doing this right now, here are a couple ideas that might help narrow the issue down.

First, I would try cleaning the throttle body. There could be something hanging up in it once in a while,cleaning it could resolve the issue for very little money.

The mass air flow sensor could also cause this. Again if the truck is doing this at the moment, try unplugging the mass air flow sensor, then start it and take it for a drive. If the problem is resolved, replace the maf sensor.

This will cause the check engine light to come on, don't be alarmed, it will go off when the new one is plugged in. Or when the old one is plugged back in. Hopefully this will aid in some direction to resolve the problem

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to earn a 5 star rating from you.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!