Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How does it take just to put 1 tire on a car? what do they…

Hi, how long does it...
Hi, how long does it take just to put 1 tire on a car? what do they have to do before putting it on the car? i know they have to Balance it. thanks
3/28/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

I can drive a vehicle in, jack it up or get it on a rack, remove the wheel/tire from the vehicle, get it on the tire machine , remove and install a new tire, air it up, balance the wheel and tire, get it back on the vehicle and out the door in about 30 minutes max, more like 15 minutes.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

ok thanks. see reason why i am going to get 1 tire i dont know if you can get a blow out when there is a little crack in the sidewall so that is why i dont want to take a chance its on the back tire.

Tires will dry rot and crack over time. I would have them inspect it and give you there opinion prior to just asking for a new tire. Most of the time the cracks are just on the surface and of no concern. Flats or blow-outs, or tire failures rarely do occur from dry rot cracks so I would not worry to much about it, although I am basing that on sight unseen in your case.

Glad I could help.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician