Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Runs good when cold --then when warmed up it starts missing…

Customer Question
Runs good when cold...

Runs good when cold --then when warmed up it starts missing very bad!

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

1987 town car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

New plugs fuel pump& filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also new plug wires

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/26/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Is the check engine light on now when driving? If so, do you know what code it is setting? A couple of things to check quickly, at the fuel rail at the injectors, you'll see the fuel pressure regulator, pull the vacuum line off the regulator and see if there is any raw fuel in the vacuum line, you can also crank it ans see if any raw fuel comes out of the fuel pressure regulator, also, at the firewall you'll see a 3 wire sensor with a vacuum line going to it, this is the MAP (Manifold Air Pressure) sensor. Make sure it's hooked up and the vacuum line is connected and in good shape and not fallen off or has a hole in it. Let me know what you see there.