Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I unlocked the car and the lock/key security light is

Customer Question
I unlocked the car...

I unlocked the car and the lock/key security light is flashing and the car won’t start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

Blinks every three seconds. I don’t know how to reset.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2012 MKS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am at the airport trying to get home. I took the manual key out and locked the driver door with it. I walked away from the car about 5 minutes ago.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/24/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician replied 3 months ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Sounds like key programming lost. Did you try the backup slot in the glovebox?

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

What is the backup slot?

It is a slot in the glove box in case there is an issue with one of the antennas. It is shaped like the key fob. Slide the fob into the slot with the buttons facing out and key ring facing up.

What is the backup slot

Where in the glove box
Ok i think i found it on the side but what do i do after putting the key fob in?

Try to start it. If it still does not start you have done all you can do. Dealership scanner will be required.

Did you need any further assistance? The question is showing "waiting for customer response/rating" Let me know and I will respond or have the question closed out.
Thanks,
Kenny