Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 03 Navigator but the door locks quit working air…

Customer Question
Okay I have a...

Okay I have a 03 Navigator but the door locks quit working air ride suspensions not working the third row fold-down seats isn't working the blower blower motor isn't working up front the traction control light is on in the ABS light is on and check engine light is on which the code for that is the p 1633 which is the PCM code but I was wondering if having a faulty fuse box could cause that PCM code cuz I know in the 03 Lincoln Navigators the windshield leaks and it leaks onto the fuse box in the side kick panel which I had that issue and it has blown fuses before and I know my car is set for sat for a few months now and I didn't have none of these problems before except I had a rainstorm bad and I was wondering maybe if the fuse box went out

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Be for i parked it when it rained the pcm relay wud burn out

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Lincoln
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 2 days by:
3/26/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 26 days ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

Lincoln Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 26 days ago

1-You are correct on the fuse box ,on side kick panel for water intrusion, this needs checked first

2- Also the fuel pump relay control circuit in the central junction box The fuel pump relay may be shorted. One common problem with melted connectors is poor connections at the pins. If the circuit is carrying more current than can pass through the connection it gets hot and melts the plastic around the connector. Replace the PCM relay and the Fuel Pump relay if needed , inspect the pin areas for overheating. If discolored or worse you may need to replace or repair the junction block.

3-Please click on links to view pdf file for testing procedures

Most possible causes

P1633

2003 Lincoln Truck Navigator 2WD

V8-5.4L DOHC VIN R

• Vehicle
  • Probable Cause

P1633

ItemDescription

Symptom/DTCP1633

Descriptor

Keep Alive Power Voltage Too Low

Probable Causes

• Keep Alive Power (KAPWR) Circuit Open
  • Keep Alive Power (KAPWR) Intermittent
  • Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Damaged

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok I replaced the fuse junction box and still my front blower motor, 3rd row seat, door locks, 4x4 , and air ride isn't working what Cud cause all that not to work
Lincoln Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 21 days ago

are you mechanic does these wiring circuit make any sense to, you changed fuse box great,that is not what is called for , I sent you what you need and you are just guessing ,here

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No I'm not a certified mechanic but I have always worked on my own vehicles but only done minor electrical work and the reason why I though it was the fuse box is because every mechanic I ask abt it said it should be that because it's a common issue on them and it was soaked with water so I fixed my windshield and replace that
Lincoln Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 21 days ago

it is a common issue on them that is correct ,but we obviously have different issue

you need to check the ALL CONNECTORS WHERE WATER YOU THINK WENT IN, LOOK INSIDE THE CONNECTORS, WATER MAKES CORROSION AND BREAKS PINS MAKING POOR CONTACT , YOU NEED FORD SCANNER TO READ THIS CAR OR YOU WIL END UP THROWING PARTS AT IT

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few