Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I own a 2017 Lincoln MKZ. How can I tell where it was

I own a 2017...

I own a 2017 Lincoln MKZ . How can I tell where it was assembled ? Naturally I am concerned about the steering wheel problem on this model but I understand only those assembled in the Mexico plant are subject to this problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the car been driving lately?

Not a hint of a problem so far. Just bought it new from the Ford dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven ' t done anything up to this time.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Give me a moment to review your question. If your VIN is available please send it to me.

With your VIN I will be able tell you where your MKZ was manufactured, and if it's affected by the steering wheel recall.

3ln6l5c92hr659813

Thank you for the VIN, give me one moment.

Your MKZ was manufactured at the Hermosillo Plant in Mexico. Your MKZ is not affected by the recall. Your MKZ is the Select Version. Only the Premier, Hybrid Premier, and Black Label versions of the MKZ are affected.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to ask. If not, please rate my service. If for any reason you feel you cannot rate my service five stars please let me know.

Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician
Thank you for your quick response. Glad that my car is free from recall.