Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am having a problem on a f150 with a 5.4 3v I just

Hello I am having a...
Hello I am having a problem on a f150 with a 5.4 3v I just installed a rebuilt engine where I installed new chains guides and tensioners I also installed a cam phaser lock out kit then tuned the vct out. Here is my problem truck runs great but throws code p0340 and p0345 bank 2 I have changed cam sensor checked wiring from sensor to pcm isolated wiring by running new ones to pcm also removed front cover to check for timing and so forth I have also replaced pcm I am at a loss I have no way of graphing 1 and 2 sensors to see coralation any also I can clear codes check with key on engine off codes don't come back but with key on engine running it comes back right away again engine runs perfect what do you think
3/23/2018
eric remington
A lab scope no available? Do u have a scanner?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have an autel max

DOES THE READINGS FOR CAM SENSOR SHOW UP WHILE RUNNING

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have a good scanner no scope
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I looked under data stream was unable to find cam sensor other than fault or no fault
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I paid for quicker response should I look for another expert

W​HAT SPEED RESPONSE DID U PAY FOR?

DOES YOUR METER MEASURE HERTZ

DO YOU HAVE LOGIC PROBE

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Meter does read Hertz also no prob I was back looking at code def found something interesting says can be related to crank sensor wiring . Also I did pay for max on both speed and detailed

CAN U TAKE MEASUREMEBTS AT PCM WHILE RUNNING DO U NEED SCHEMATICS

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have schematic yes I can read at pcm also noted code is p0340 ff and 345ff
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
What should the Hertz look like

MEASURED IN PERCENT DUTY CYCLE

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I am fluctuating between 75 to 105 compared with bank one seems the same
I am really wondering about the wiring I have checked both sides even ran new wires to eliminate however it instantly throws circuit malfunction bank two
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
is it possible two throw this code if the chain is off a tooth

ARE YOU SURE YOU ARENT A TOOTH OFF IN VALVE TIMING

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
when I put the chain on it has colored links and I verified a second
time when this code appeared also it runs great

I​ MEAN CAM SENSORS ARE INPUTTING PCM NEW... SO YES IF CRANK IS A FACTOR IN SOME INSTANCES FROM YOUR RESEARCH THEN CK THAT TRY AND

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
trying to understand your post are you thinking crank sensor wiring or something else. also if the chain is off will that code throw

YOU MENTIONED CRANK SIGNAL

DID YOU READ THE CODE IS TO POTENTIALCAUSES CAN RESEARCH THAT FORYOU NOW MIND YOU THAT IS MY TIME SO I WOULD WANT A RATING

OK

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
well I figured out the problem with the p0345 and p0340 turns out the reluctor on the cam phaser had separated off the rivots that hold it to the cam gear causing it to be just a little off what are the odds thanks for you help
Perhaps hard to see in initial visual inspection. So putting out a signal which we determined but out of synch
eric remington
That's why I'm so reliant on you guys to ck ..can u send a pic. So both sides out? I thought u changed that
Please don't forget to rate only way I get compensated

s​o we were able to go thru the hertz testing(you are welcome) to find out that pcm was receiving signal. cam phasers were new but you had a broken weld. cheap part eh? if pcm signal not tested then no way of finding problem other than assuming PLEASE DO RATE ME AS THAT IS HOW I AM COMPENSATED

Thank you for choosing Just Answer

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington