Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ran out of gas as pulled up to pump. Now won't start. Tried…

Customer Question
Ran out of gas...

Ran out of gas as pulled up to pump. Now won't start. Tried that on off on off with key. Tries to start by died.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Usually easy start.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

04 town car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sitting at pump. Turn key on off on off 10x without turning it over. Almost started by died .

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer replied 3 months ago
roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok,

most likely the fuel pump has failed. it is not putting out proper pressure.

the damage comes from running out of fuel. gas the oil for the fuel pump engine. if it runs dry, it damages the pump.

you will need to replace the pump.

Roy

Right now I'm 100 miles from home. Sitting at gas pump. About 3 blocks from ford seeking in fairbanks, Alaska
cant.afford $26 . to talk on phone.

are there any repair shops around?? dealers are the last choice. any shop can perform this repair and they will be cheaper than a dealer.

Roy

Probably but can't tow it there.

check with the shops, they may have towing available.

Roy

do you have any other questions?

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy