Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 09 Lincoln town car the digital display is very…

Customer Question
I have a 09...

I have a 09 Lincoln town car the digital display is very hard to see when it is up all the way and if you turn it down much you can't see it at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet is this a common problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it Thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/21/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: ironmike, MASTER TECH ASE /FORD replied 3 months ago
ironmike
ironmike, MASTER TECH ASE /FORD

greetings,

More than likely it will be a bad solder joint in the cluster. Very common issues with ford/Lincoln instrument clusters. The dealer sends them out for repair. If you are handy you can remove it and send it out yourself. I have used a few repair companies off e-bay for module repair that is similar to what you have. Prices are great and repairs worked great.

we can test the dimmer (if you have a multi meter)to be sure but most likely it is the cluster

I see the cluster repair for under 100$ off e-bay and the dimmer goes for under 70$ aftermarket parts. If you remove the cluster and disassemble you may find the bad soldering joint