Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Do I need a trailer brake controller or not? 2016 Lincoln…

Do I need a...

Do I need a trailer brake controller or not?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Lincoln. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

2016 Lincoln navigator reserve has factory towing package

3/21/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

To the right of the steering wheel, above the power outlet, do you have the trailer brake controller, or the little storage bin?

Storage bin
Actually I don't have either one this is a 2016 navigator

If you want to do a factory install you can purchase the brake controller and install it there and then the instrument cluster needs to be programmed and you can use the factory setup. Yes I understand what it is. HEre is a diagram of the brake scontroller being installed.

Interesting, the lincoln dealer told me to bring in a after market controller and they would install for $325
Do you have a Ford part number?

They could install an aftermarket one. But I would prefer the factory look myself. I do have the installation instructions from the kit. The part number may be on there. The Expedition is the same as the Navigator. CLICK HERE for instructions.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Cary York
Phone call session started
I can't find a dealer that says thaye can get a factory trailer brake controler. I called Lincoln and they are looking into it.

Ok. I dont think it should be that difficult to get. I have never personally got on for a Navigator but F series trucks all the time.