Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Traction control light came on and it wont go off unless i…

Customer Question
Traction control light came...

Traction control light came on and it wont go off unless i cut car off and everytime i cut car bak on the traction control light and abs light comes on again and saty on until car cut bak off

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just abs light and the traction control light with is the light with the wheel and the slippery stuff looking as if its comin from under tire rite?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

What brake light look like

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Lincoln?

Lincoln ls 2002 v8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?

No im not it just happened 2days ago with the lights comin on and now they wont go off unless i cut car off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If my car jerk when i switch gears does that mean i need a motor mount

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/21/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The lights that are coming on are telling you that there is a fault with one of the traction control components.The most common cause of these lights is a fault with a wheel speed sensor sending a false signal on a wheel speed and the sensor needs to be replaced.Your model uses 4 of these sensors one for each wheel.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done there will be at least one fault code set in the anti-lock brake computer that will then need to be diagnosed and will help to locate which sensor is faulty needing replaced.I do suspect a faulty wheel speed sensor needing replaced as this is most common.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Ok i understand that where can i go 2get it checked at a car shop or a auto zone or something like that
Lincoln Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago

I apologize for the delay.

In some cases, a local parts store like Auto Zone can read out the anti-lock brake fault codes free of charge.This all depends on if their scan tool can communicate with the anti-lock brake computer.Other than that a local shop can also read the codes and can also diagnose and repair the fault for a fee.

Thanks Pete