Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The oil light, brake light, tire pressure light and high…

The oil light, brake...

The oil light, brake light, tire pressure light and high beam lights will come on periodically then go off in a few minutes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2008 Lincoln MKZ

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Scanned for codes

3/21/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is a system automated prompt , not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do these lights come on as a group and go out or does each one do their own thing

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
as a group
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Alternator and battery are good. Was checked by a mechanic

did the mechanic put the car on a scanner?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the mechanic put the car on a scanner. No codes on anything

usually this problem is related to the smart junction box and will code for something like that, whats going to have to happen is the car will need to be hooked up to the scanner when the lights come on for analyze the issue

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the lights only stay on for about a minute and that is when I'm driving

that is the unfortunate situation we are looking at right now, sorry

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your time and trouble

your very welcome,

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician