Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just drove my car 1996 lincoln continental to get gas now it…

Just drove my car...

Just drove my car 1996 lincoln continental to get gas now it won't start all lights come on and a new starter about 6 nonths old

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Regularcdash lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Continental yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check battery which is new fluids are fine and even check system and it says all fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it sitting in my car at gas station

3/21/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Will it at least crank?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Sorry i haven't been able to respond right away i work 12 to 14 hours a day 6 days a week and when i get home just want to shower and hit the bed. Answer your question is all i get is a clicking sound that's it when i crank it and then it stops.
I figure it's either the camshaft sensor gone bad or the new starter i got maybe defective. So i decided to have the car towed tomorrow to my mechanic to fix sorry to have bothered you and thanks.

If it only clicks that is going to be the starter or the constant power supply to the starter is not connected good or the signal power from the starter relay is not enough. Also, a weak battery can be to blame. The cam sensor is not to blame.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Well then it must be a weak connection cause the battery is brand new and fully charged have to check starter which is also new

Do you own a volt meter so we can do some testing?