Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I locked my keys in my 2003 Lincon,and I don't know the the…

Customer Question
I locked my keys...

I locked my keys in my 2003 Lincon,and I don't know the the unlock code on the door

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Lincoln?

Town car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying To keep from calling pop a lock

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I just need to unlock my car

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/20/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: StLouisWayne, Shop Owner replied 5 months ago
StLouisWayne
StLouisWayne, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Please dont shoot the messenger here but at this point the keypad will do you no good. Nobody knows the keypad code without first getting into the vehicle. Once you are in the vehicle you can get it for future reference but that wont help you now and the only way a dealer can get it is to either physically get it off the module or get it through the scan tool both which will require entry to the vehicle.

At this point you will have to use traditional means to get into the vehicle. It can be done by either calling pop a lock as you said or if you take proof of ownership to the dealer or a locksmith they can cut you a metal key that will work the door but not the ignition. This may be cheaper and you can put it in your wallet/purse or house or something in case this happens again.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. THanks