Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I’ll warm up in the morning, after work I’ll warm up or pull…

I’ll warm up in...

I’ll warm up in the morning, after work I’ll warm up or pull off it feels like someone kicking me in the back and my car will cut off, at the car wash about 4 times standing still.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2010 mkz with 70605 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I can’t, I been to the Lincoln deal twice, today after the car wash, they said to keep driving it to let know if it happens again because it been 2 weeks a part

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is my transmission going out

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Last month in for oil change service

3/20/2018
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, so the dealer run a full diagnostic check and road test but couldnt duplicate the concern of find any diagnostic trouble codes stored? It stalls out and restarts right up? Does it feel like a loss of power or the engine is misfiring?

Okay, my name Pamdora

Hello Pamdora. The more information you can give me the better it will help to diagnose the concern.

That all, it just started 2 weeks ago

Ok, you're not really giving me much to go on here. The dealer found nothing wrong?

I feel something wrong, they keep telling me to drive my car
As a woman I need a little understanding
I you understand what I saying, my being to turn off now, thank you if you can help me

I understand, I was just asking if the dealer took the time to drive the vehicle and see if they could get it to act up and if they ran an actual diagnostic check or just blew you out the door. If no warning lights are on, then it may be difficult to diagnose. I think from what you are explaining it may be an engine misfire due to a faulty ignition coil. It will make the engine run rough and buck/jerk. This should typically set a diagnostic trouble code. At a minimum if the dealer checked it out if no codes were stored they could have checked deeper and looked at what is called MODE 6 data. This stores engine misfires that occur but are not severe enough to turn on the check engine light. If you need more help or information please le me know, if I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

No sir

No sir in reference to?

That why I’m asking for help

From the information you have given me, this is my best guess.

I call for you tomorrow, when my car stop?

Ok

Thank Gene, you are big help, God bless

You are welcome.

HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician