Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Car starts and dies will fuel rail pressure sensor cause…

Customer Question
Car starts and dies...

Car starts and dies will fuel rail pressure sensor cause this problem 97 towncar cartier 4.6 L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

Iam not certian have not checked fuel rail

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '97 Lincoln?

Cartier

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am fixing it not done anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that it starts then dies

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Is there a check engine light on? If so what are the codes?

If you spray start fluid in the intake does it keep running?

no check engine light have not sprayed starting fliud

ok try that next

Ok get back to you

sounds good ill be around