Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It wont start at all. New battery and new starter. 2006

It wont start at...

It wont start at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes new battery and new starter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2006 lincoln zephyr

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Zephyr yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes new battery new starter new relays fuel pump is kicking in i dont know what else to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you it was running fine yesterday then nothing

3/18/2018
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, does the red theft lamp blink fast when the key is turned to on or does it stay on steady for a few seconds and then turn off?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Its blinking

Ok then there is a problem with the PATS anti theft system. It cant read the security chip in the key and allow it to start. If you have a second key you can see if the other key works. if not, you an either have it towed to the dealer and have them check and cut 2 new keys and program it or have a local locksmith come to you that can cut and program PATS keys and fix this for you most likely cheaper than the dealer. If you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You are welcome, thank you!

HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
HDGene
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician