Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I need ask question to a cartechnician ... 2005 lincoln ls…

Customer Question
I need ask question...

I need ask question to a cartechnician ...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2005 lincoln ls 3.0 engine

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic 170000 about

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I did a computer diagnostics..show me code 353...number 3 coil..I had changed the TPS sensor,,clean the throttle budy..remains same

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes..looks like poor airflow true heh

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/18/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a answer for you.

The code you have is for the ignition coil for no. three cylinder, is faulty, this is what needs to be replaced that is why the code is returning. If you have not replaced the spark plugs recently this could be a factor why it failed as it puts a load on the coils and heats them up. I will supply you with a picture of one, The way you can confirm this is faulty is to swap it with another one from a different cylinder then run and see if the code changes , if it changes then you know 100% that is it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

OK...why poorly airflow out from the rear muffle....and pedals feels hard
.
also had pitching noise..crunching noise into dash...passenger side..

If this has been running with a miss for a while it could have damaged the catalytic convertor that's why the exhaust is building up pressure. To start with I would have a shop do an exhaust back pressure test and replace that coil as well then if necessary we can address anything that may be left. Always start with the obvious first because sometimes it may be related.