Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have 97 town Car and need to access the HVAC blend door…

I have 97 town...

I have 97 town Car and need to access the HVAC blend door and replace. Is there a good video? Thinking I need to remove airbag in order to see it

3/16/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

The blend door itself or the blend door actuator/motor?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Actuator motor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It operates the blend door
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I just pry the cover off the dash ? The cover that hides the airbag
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don’t want to break it

HI,

Ok, it can be done thru that opening, but is very difficult as there is very little working room. The ideal way is to remove the dash.

Give me a few minutes to upload the directions for removing the passenger side airbag

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Understand, will do it without removing the dash if possible. Will remove the whole dash if I must

HI,

Ok, the finish panel you need to remove pulls off as it is held by snap retainers. Being 20yrs old, use a gentle but firm pulling motion to remove it as it is possible that the retainers are brittle and will break

RH and LH

Removal and Installation

1. Remove instrument panel finish panel by snapping it out of retainers.
2. To install, align retainers and press into instrument panel.

UPPER

Removal and Installation

1. Pull up to unsnap instrument panel upper finish panel.
2. To install, align clips and press instrument panel upper finish panel into instrument panel.

I have attached directions to remove the airbag and separate directions to remove the dash if needed

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Is there a problem? I paid out of pocket for directions you requested and you ask for a refund? Were you unhappy or just want free directions

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager