Scott W.
Scott W., Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

15 mkz steering wheel wont move at all likes its locked. No

Customer Question

15 mkz steering wheel wont move at all likes its locked
JA: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?
Customer: no key push button
JA: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes tried and cked for codes nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

H​ello my name is ***** ***** I have your vin to check for known concerns? Does it feel like the steering wheel is locked? Or is absolutely solid won't move and inch?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it will move a inch feels like theres no key in the car then I check the codes there were none then it unlocked and works fine like it had a bad rack from the old days.will ck today and see how it is
Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

Ok, since it is in the steering, I would definitely take it to a shop and have it looked over well, just to make sure this steering problem doesn't happen while driving.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 8 months ago.

W​e have replaced a few racks for noise and binding in turns, can I have your VIN to check for any recalls, thanks Scott