Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Bronco 5.8 1992, i have a sudenly misfire, that i could not…

Bronco 5.8 1992 , i...
Bronco 5.8 1992 , i have a sudenly misfire , that i could not found , we have to replace injector wiring and distribuitor , because in other shop cut and weld and made a mess , but theres something i dont understand , why is running fine with 302 firing order 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 , if 5.8 had 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 , and i was think that bank1 are 1-5-4-2 and bank 2 are 6-3-7-8 ................but if why in Mitchell , Alldata , Identifix , etc. ....you saw bank 1 = 1-5-4-(8) and bank 2 = 6-3-7-(2) ....why they swap last 2 cylinders??? i dont understand , so what i´m supose have to do?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you saying it will not run on this setup https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzlfrj0s5uakapb/92firing.pdf?dl=0

id tried once and wont run ,right know
I have
Multiport removed from intake maniful , but i cant start it untill i finish to
Assembly thanks

Was was the firing order prior to you working on the vehicle when it was running fine?

1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 but like i said why bank1 are 1-5-4-8 and bank 2 6-3-7-2 why they swap cyl #2 for cyl #8 , that no make scence to me , because i found sometimes wrong information in wiring diagrams specially Mitchell ,,,,

I can not come up with an answer I feel confident in. I will opt out.

roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer

ok

bank 1 is passenger side and 1-2-3-4

bank 2 is drivers side and 5-6-7-8

are you sure either the cam has been changed or the engine has been changed??

Roy

are you there

im not sure because these car was with another mechanics before , im agree with you that bank 1 is where cyl#1 is located and bank #2 is the oposite side ,,, ok lets say batch 1 and batch 2 , for injector firing secuence , if you take firing order and split exact to the middle , and put the 2nd middle below the first one , you will get the arrange of cyl pair ( one in intake stroke and the other in exh stroke ) and i didnt figure out why the last two cylinders are swap in injector firing

thats called companion cylinders.

the cam determines the firing order. I understand what you are saying but if it runs good with the other order then someone either changed the motor or the camshaft that has that firing order.

Roy

im agree with that i swap cams from 302 to 351w and only change firing order , but in this car i have to put new injector wiring and start with that misfire , i cleaned injectors , put new ones , change spark plug wiring , spark plugs , rotor , distribuitor cap , and still doing that , but misfires like every 10 or 20 seconds .....and this is the first time i put attention to this injector array , could you thing if i swap 2 for 8 injector conectors could work fine ?

I would leave it alone and look for other possibilities.

did you check the compression??

Roy

its not equal , it had between 110 and 140 no more no less ,i really apprecite your help
you have helped me a lot, and I hope not to make you feel bad, but more than the engine failure, I do not understand why those 2 injectors changed, i did not want to stay with that doubt

your welcome

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer