Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2012 mkx touch screen went black and won't come back. I did…

Customer Question
2012 mkx touch screen...

2012 mkx touch screen went black and won't come back. I did disconnect the battery with no resolve.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the device aftermarket, or did it come with the vehicle?

Factory.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnected the battery.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/14/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

There is a bulletin released to have the instrument panel reprogrammed by a dealer to resolve this issue here.The dealer will usually charge about an hours labor to perform this procedure.They have to plug in their computer to do this.The bulletin number is ***** 12-3-11.This has to be done first to resolve this fault.If this does not resolve the fault then the display has to be replaced but in most cases this reprogram will resolve the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete