Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Can't open the hood of my 2004 town Car. Pull under dash…

Customer Question
Can't open the hood of...
Can't open the hood of my 2004 town Car. Pull under dash doesn't work. Never had this problem befoe.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/11/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 4 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Sounds like the cable broke, and they usually break right there at the unlatch handle. You need to get behind the kick panel with a needle nose pliers to open the hood by pulling on the cable. You need to get a new cable though.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Please don't forget to rate me now for my time.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.