Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Can't open the hood on my 2004 towncar. This never happened…

Can't open the hood...

Can't open the hood on my 2004 towncar. This never happened before. Pull under dashboard won't worl. Never had this problem before.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Never happened before. Just happened today.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Lincoln?

It's a Town car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a strange problem. I was driving around yesterday without a problem. Came home to pick up my wife, Shut engine off and then car wouldn't start. Thought my battery died but don't know. Was going to try to jump start the car with my son's car. Couldn't open the hood. Never had this problem before.

3/11/2018
Scott W.
Scott W., Technician

H​ello my name is ***** ***** it feel like the cable broke? Or is there still some tension on the handle when trying to release?

Try pulling on the release lever, and at the same time the lever is pulled to the release position, have another person tap on the front of the hood, sometimes this jarring will free the latch.

I will try this in the next few minutes. Have another question. Was driving around yesterday without problem. Came home stopped car on drive way. Tried to restart car. Car wouldn't start. Just got clicking noise and but car wouldn't start. Thought maybe my car battery died. Was going to try to jump start engine. Lights inside car work and radio works but headlights flash and car won't start.

C​ould either be a bad battery, or it could be a charging system concern.

Or possible cable connection problem, corrosion?

Scott W.
Scott W., Technician
rpmdiag
Phone call session started

Thank you!!