Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It wont start. I was in an accident and i had to get it

Customer Question
It wont start. Mechanic's...

It wont start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes i was in an accident and i had to get it fixed.... Sobi changed the starter tierod and bumper and finder. But it wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2004 lincoln ls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Someine else fixed it he'll be back today.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i just want to know how to disable the factory alarm....

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/11/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Amedee, Lincoln Technician replied 4 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Lincoln Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Is the engine cranking but not starting or does it not crank over at all?

Is the security light on or flashing with the key on or when trying to start the engine?

It cranks but it won't start
No I don't at this time

Have you checked for spark when cranking?

Are there any codes in the computer?

The mechanic said its the alarm system so I don't know how to rest the factory alarm

Is the security light on or flashing?

everytime I try to start it...

Ok, thank you.

There is no way to reset the security system on this vehicle.

How do I shut it down...

By diagnosing it and replacing the correct part.