Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My Lincoln Navigator car alarm randomly goes off. It’s a…

Customer Question
My Lincoln Navigator car...

My Lincoln Navigator car alarm randomly goes off. It’s a 2009 model. Doors seem closed and locked and when I’m in the house all the sudden the alarm goes off. It’s been doing this for a week now

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

No I haven’t . I usually use the key remote button to lock and unlock my door

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Navigator?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I took it too a car service station (Firestone) to have some maintenance done like fuel system cleaning, antifreeze exchange etc like a week ago

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/10/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Can you duplicate the scenario for me? Locked up and sitting there for over 30 minutes. Now go out and push and pull on all opening including the hood without grabbing the handles. Does anyone of these things make the alarm go off? I realize you will most likely have to respond on Saturday being it is late.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris